Visitas al blog

lunes, 24 de diciembre de 2012

British vs. American Pronunciation: Practice

Watch the video and complete the exercise:

USA vs. UK pronunciation

EXERCISE: Say which pronunciation is British and which is American. Write BE / AE


TOMATO
/təˈmeɪtəʊ /  …….
/təˈmɑːtəʊ/   …….
COLOR
/ ˈkʌlər /   …….
/ ˈkʌlə(r)/      ……..        
MAM
/mʌm/    ……..
/mɒm/     ……..      
BANANA
/bəˈnænə /   ……..
/bəˈnɑːnə/    ……..    
WATER
/ˈwɔː.tər/    ……….
/ˈwɑː.t ̬ɚ/    ………     
YOGURT
/ ˈjəʊɡərt /   …….     
/ ˈjɒɡət/   ………           
AIRPLANE
/'eəpleɪn/  ……..     
/ ˈeərəpleɪn/ ……..        



1 comentario:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ResponderEliminar